Early Childhood Development Association of PEI
3 Brighton Road, Rm 115B
PO Box 223, Charlottetown, PE
Tel: (902) 368-1866 Toll Free: 1-888-368-1866 Fax: (902)569-7900
A provincial, non-profit organization committed to promoting and supporting quality early childhood development programs and services for our Island’s children and families.
- Affiliate Members of the Canadian Child Care Federation
- Click here to see how together We Value Children
- information and guidance linking early childhood knowledge and information to those who need it ;
- resources and professional development opportunities for early childhood educators;
- a voice representing healthy child development for PEI children aged 0 years to 8, their families and those educating them;
We work with:
- Early childhood professionals
- Government, Opposition parties, and departments
- Parents and grandparents
- Other professionals
- Community and various organizations
- To support positive early years outcomes and high quality early learning experiences for all of PEI’s children.
Radio Audio File
--- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ---
Early Childhood Development Association Announces Vision
October 24th, 2008 – Charlottetown, PEI – Early Childhood Development Association of PEI announced a new vision and social marketing campaign on Friday, October 24th to members and partners.
Karen Picot, President of the ECDA was pleased to announce the five year vision saying, “All Island children between infancy and five (5) years of age deserve to have affordable access to a sustainable high quality Provincial Early Childhood Education system. Research has demonstrated the importance of early childhood development to the economic, social, and health of our future generation.”
Sonya Corrigan, Executive Director of the Association introduced the new social marketing campaign, created by Charlottetown marketing agency, The Sharp Group and presented by agency partner, Eric Riordon. Ms. Corrigan suggested that the association’s new vision is well reflected in the campaign theme line, Helping PEI families make the early years count.
The vision has been conceived to provide clear direction for early childhood development in Prince Edward Island over the next five year period (September 2008 – September 2013). The goal of the Early Childhood Development Association is to work with government and early childhood partners to implement this vision, ensuring that Island families benefit from a truly comprehensive approach to early childhood education in this province.
Objectives of the social marketing campaign focus on:
• Increasing demand for space in licensed Early Childhood Development Centres across PEI.
• Raising the number and the quality of professionals working in the field
• Establishing consistency in terms of service delivery, quality and expectations.
The Early Childhood Development Association (ECDA) of PEI is a provincial, non-profit organization committed to promoting and supporting the quality of early learning and childcare programs and services for our Island’s children and families. Established in 1974 as part of a proposal for mandatory staff certification, the association has evolved to represent the early childhood education sector. Website www.earlychildhooddevelopment.ca
For a printable PDF Version of the ECDA Vision Click here
For more information contact:
3 Brighton Road, Office 117 Charlottetown, PE C1A 8T6
Toll Free: 1-866-368-1866